"I remember a blue eye, A briefcase of tangerines."
Sylvia Plath (via introspectivepoet)
Sylvia Plath (via introspectivepoet)
I. We’re in the car & we sit there for fifteen minutes in silence. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a little. We sit there for ten & I fill the silence with nonsense.
II. We’re in the restaurant & you’re paying the bill when the waiter tells you I am beautiful as if I were a piece of new furniture. My skin splinters, but you don’t think about getting a replacement. You just smile.
III. We’re in the bed & I want to say, “Baby, I’m no-good,” but instead I’m screaming, “Hurt me. Hurt me.” & you’re hurting me but it doesn’t hurt enough. I almost ask to be hit. My bracelet breaks & hangs from my fingers. I hold it like the truth. I drop it & it’s the truth.
IV. We’re anywhere & you are always smiling & I’m always about to cry. I’m broken in places you can’t see. I love you, but I’m no-good.
V. I read an article today about these conjoined twins who shared a brain. One could not survive without the other & the metaphor I’m using doesn’t mean what I wish it meant. I’m attached to a heart & that heart is dragging me around with it, that heart took my olive branch & that heart burned it.
VI. We’re back in bed, body against body, sitting upright & smashed together. We fall like a fireball into the sheets. The eye contact keeps getting broken. The fire spreads.
VII. I’m alone in my room. I find your watch on the floor, your chapstick on the table. I look in the mirror & find your teeth in my neck, your teeth on my breasts. You told me to sleep well & here I am just staring at myself.
VIII. I’ve had you in tears three times already. Everything that came before, is everything that came before, is everything. A gun is being shot off continuously somewhere in the distance & I keep getting framed for it. The blood is not on my hands, but the blood might as well be. I’m sorry for the blood I didn’t cause. I’m sorry for the stain I made on his vocabulary. You picked out all the cookie dough in the ice cream & fed it to me. You told me I made you happy because I was beautiful.
X. You see, I just keep rewinding the story. We’re in the car. We’re in the restaurant. We’re in the bed. We’re somewhere. We’re in the bed. Silence is making me uncomfortable & I’m trying to break it. I’m your decoration, but someone else painted me. I’m begging for pain because I already know what happens next."
Shout out to the editors for the poetry feature! Thanks so much. It really inspires me to keep writing, especially because I haven’t been writing a lot lately.
Bekkathyst’s Autumn 2014 Giveaway
Yes! It’s time for another giveaway! This time it’s to celebrate my Etsy shop reaching 500 sales! Thank you all so much for your support! Please read this post thoroughly before entering.
Winner Will Receive:
- 5 wire wrapped pendants made by me! Rainbow moonstone, labradorite, smoky quartz, clear quartz and an amethyst with inclusions.
- 13 different stones. Tumbled malachite, 2 tumbled fluorite, tumbled lapis lazuli, tumbled amethyst, 2 amethyst crystals, 2 spinel crystals, quartz crystal, polished labradorite, rose quartz chunk, and one dyed pink agate slice.
- 2 packs of stick incense. Lavender and eucalyptus and green tea.
- 2 packs of cone insence. Vanilla and eucalyptus and green tea.
- 1 oil diffuser
- 1 wooden incense burner
- 3 tea light candles
- You must be following me, so you can get updates if anything about the giveaway changes.
- Favorite my Etsy shop if you have an Etsy account.
- DO NOT tag this post as giveaway. Tumblr staff will find this post and delete the notes and ruin it for everyone. PLEASE do not tag it as giveaway.. please.
- Reblog this post to enter. Likes count, too. Don’t use giveaway blogs.
- Each entry will be assigned a number and the winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
- The giveaway ends November 4th at 9 pm Pacific time.
- The winner will be messaged and must respond with their full name and address within 24 hours, or a new winner will be chosen.
- Please respect me and my rules, and have fun!
The day after my goldfish died,
my hands were shriveled prunes
from trying to resurrect his heart,
and I put him to rest on my copy
of Slaughterhouse Five, stuck to
Principles of Life,
two books I haven’t opened in years,
and my phone was ringing, but I couldn’t hear it.
[it was a telemarketer…
I’m trying to break the planets open with a wrench,
while the faucet in the bathtub continuously drips,
and the flies are stealing my hardened oatmeal.
My lips are cracked because I’m afraid of drowning,
covered in dirt from lying face-down on the ground
and trying to taste the ground I walk on and figure out
how it manages to keep me here without giving up.
I could use the wrench to fix the bathtub, but
the monotonous drip is so honest-
the fragility of everything except for the planets.